Using Primavera is a blog dedicated to helping Oracle Primavera P6 and Oracle Primavera Unifier users get the best out of these products through producing reports using Oracle BI Publisher. I started using the predecessor of P6, Primavera P3e, in 2001, and have recently worked on the largest Oracle Primavera P6 and Unifier deployment in the world. The capability available through BI Publisher has been impressive, and I believe is underused in the Primavera world.
My aim is to provide you with all the practical information needed to get the most out of using Oracle BI Publisher with P6 and Unifier. However, it will be more than just reports.
Who is this for?
- New Primavera users who want to know more than just which buttons to press.
- The more experienced user who wants better reports using data in both P6 and Unifier.
- The Data professional who wants to know how to get data out of P6 and Unifier.
About Barrie Callender
My name is Barrie Callender. I never intended to get involved in Project Management, but somehow landed a job supporting Artemis 2000 in November 1987. That was for Metier Management systems where I stayed for 13 years, followed by 5 years at Pinnacle Management Systems inc and a further 10 at what became Ten Six Consulting.
In June 2016 I started my own company to see what might happen. I then read Technical Blogging by Antonio Cangiano and wrote the following posts for my good friends at Ten Six Consulting:
- How to load Activity Code Values into Primavera P6 from Excel
- How to create a new prokect in Primavera P6
- How long is a Primavera P6 Day, Week, Month or Year
- Calendars in Oracle Primavera P6 explained
As I near the end of my career, I want to leave something behind, and who knows, maybe I can ease out of this work rather than abruptly halting it.
On a personal note, I am married to my lovely wife Lisa, and we have two children who have turned into fine adults. I enjoy the world of project consulting where I earn my keep. On reflection, I would probably be happiest if I could write software for a living. I have also got into Family History.
I mostly consult for clients who have bought the Oracle Primavera products. Find more about Oracle Primavera products here